Types of tea in India.
List of types of tea in India is long. As tea (chai) is the most lovable beverage in India. And also, India is one of the largest tea producers in the world. Although 65% of its tea is consumed within India itself. There are so many varieties of chai. But the popular Indian chai is masala chai, green tea, black tea, oolong tea and white tea including the famous tea of Assam, Darjeeling, Sikkim, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya and Nilgiri. Approx. 50% of tea produced in India is from Assam. Each state has different types of tea recipes and unique taste.
List of different types of herbal tea in India.
- TULSI:- It is a well-known sacred herb in India. Most of Indians grow the tulsi plant at their home and worship it. Tulsi tea is the best tea among all types of tea in India. It also has been using for the medicinal use in Ayurveda for long years as it is a very effective herb for many ailments. Generally, people add a tulsi leaf in their common chai recipe. Because of it lots of benefits like it prevents respiratory disorder and regulates blood sugar levels. The presence of antimicrobial properties (an agent that kills harmful microorganism or stop their growth) proves it to be best for maintaining dental and oral health. And also act as a mouth freshener, solves the problem of bad breathing too.
- GINGER:- Ginger not only add a delicious flavour to tea. It is also beneficial for health. People have been using ginger for cooking and healing for thousands of years. As it contains vitamin C, iron, potassium, vitaminB3 and B6. It helps in healing stomach aces and also improves digestion. It also proves to be best for relieving menstrual cramps during mensuration. Ginger tea may offer a range of health benefit.
- FENNEL:- There are so many types of tea flavours. But the flavour of fennel is very unique and delicious. Fennel tea is one of the most lovable types of tea in India. And also, India is the largest exporter of fennel seeds widely known as saunf. It contains minerals of iron, vitamin C, manganese, zinc, calcium, potassium. It helps in regulating blood pressure, improving eye sights. Fennel seeds have a cooling impact. Consumption of fennel seeds hence gives a glowing skin.
- LEMONGRASS:- Lemongrass tea has a pleasant aroma among all types of tea in India. Also, It is another most common medicinal herb better known as Cymbopogon. Because of their smell resembles lemons it is also known as lemongrass. It balances good cholesterol, prevents infection, oral health, purifies the blood, reduces anxiety and also helps in preventing inflammation. It has a wonderful flavour. CAUTION Lemongrass tea also has side effects. Some people experience severe allergies like itchy skin rashes, miscarriage. So before including lemongrass tea in your diet must consult with your dietician.
- CINNAMON:- Cinnamon tea is simple and healthy beverage. It keeps blood sugar levels and bad cholesterol levels low, thus keeping the heart healthy. It also has anti-viral and anti-fungal properties which cure various respiratory issues such as cold and cough.
Best Indian teas
- MASALA CHAI:- Masala chai is the most popular tea beverage in India. For masala main ingredients are (for 1 cup) ginger 1/2 inch, 1 clove, 2 cardamoms (choti elichi), 1/2 inch cinnamon (daalchini). A recipe in 3 steps.
- Boil 1 and 1/2 cup of water.
- Add all 4 ingredients of masala in crushed form to boil water. You can also, add sugar 2 tbsp. ( or as per taste).
- Now add 1/4 cup of milk.
- ASSAM TEA:- As we know Assam is the largest tea producer state. Assam tea is widely known as black tea. This tea is most oxidise tea among green, oolong and white tea. It helps in strengthening the bones, lower the risk of diabetes. It contains alkylamine antigens that boost our immune system. And it reduces plaque formation as well as bad breathing.
- Darjeeling tea, Nilgiri tea these are some other popular teas of India.
- Oolong tea:- Oolong tea is made from leaves, buds and stems of camellia plant. this is the same plant used for making green tea and black tea. Oolong tea contains caffeine, therefore, some people take oolong tea directly to improve thinking skills, alertness, to boost the immune system and for weight loss. it also prevents ovarian cancer. But people sensitive to allergies must not drink this tea. As it has side effects like vomiting, headache and itchy skin rashes.
- GREEN TEA:- Generally, people drink green tea in the morning to freshen up their body. It has been used in traditional as Indian and Chinese medicine. It helps in weight loss by burning fats and also reduces bad cholesterol. Green tea has bioactive compounds that improve the immune system. It contains anti-oxidants which lower the risk of some type of cancers and keeps heart healthy.